We’ll help you to plan this exciting new chapter of life so that you can retire with financial confidence.
This type of pension advice requires specialist qualifications and is highly regulated. We’re really pleased we can offer this advice, but it is important to note that, in many cases, our advice will be to not transfer out of your defined benefit pension. Owing to the high level of regulation involved in this advice, we can only discuss your case further if it fits within the criteria below:
- The Transfer Value must exceed £350,000.
- You must be at least 50 years of age, unless you are terminally ill.
- You must be a current UK resident and UK taxpayer (or non-taxpayer).
- The DB scheme must be UK-based.
- You must not be an Insistent Client. An Insistent Client is someone who insists on a transfer where either we will not advise further or where our advice has been that a transfer is unsuitable.
- You must not be a Self-Investor (where it is the investor and not the adviser choosing the destination for a transfer).
- We can only provide advice where sufficient time exists before the expiry of the guaranteed transfer value. Where we feel there is not enough time remaining in the guarantee period to complete our work, we will not consider advising you on your transfer. PenLife are not responsible for any costs associated with requesting a new CETV.
- You must not be planning to move abroad in the next 5 years.
- PenLife are unable to consider a transfer for a client who is separated from their spouse or in the process of going through a divorce until there is a court approved and signed pension sharing order or finalised financial settlement.
- You must not have the intention to withdraw a significant proportion of your pension (more than 25%) after transfer as a lump sum.
Our team of pension transfer specialists are all fully qualified, friendly and experienced in this work. We’d be delighted to speak to you if you’re considering a pension transfer – feel free to give us a call or complete our contact form and we’ll be in touch.
To do this, we go DEEPER than most advisers. Here’s our process:
- Discover and explore your financial goals
- Evaluate your current financial situation
- Estimate the resources you’ll need to get you to your goals
- Plan out the route to get you where you want to be
- Execute the current financial action plan
- Review and revise regularly to make sure you’re on track
It’s all about developing relationships
We’re here to be your trusted adviser and guide. We’d love to arrange a no-obligation chat with you, over the phone or over a coffee.
Get in touch
Got a question about financial matters? We’re here to help.
To ensure we have the best chance of contacting you, please enter both your email address and telephone number.